Saturday 13 October 2012

Time to Give Back - Farplace Animal Rescue

As you'd probably guess looking at my shop, I love animals. All of them. Even the ones that are slimy or have 8 legs (butterflies not so much because I'm hopelessly scared of them, but as long as they don't come close, I'm groovy). There's another thing I like: helping people in whichever small way I can. It's important for me to support ideas and enterprises that give something back. Today, I'm combining these two likes - for the next few months, I will be donating 10% of all sales from my shop to Farplace Animal Rescue.

The reason I'm doing this is because these guys rock big time. Their work focuses on animal welfare and rescue of animals (including many animals other people turn away), and on environmental protection, habitat creation and development. They also operate under a no kill policy and are the home of St. Strompus Hospice for Sick Cats - a haven for feral cats who are FIV positive.

You gotta love this guys, and they need all the help they can get. That's why, if you buy anything from my shop during the next few months, you can be assured that 10% of the sale money will go to them. If you don't want anything from my shop but still want to show your support, there are different ways you can do it:

· You can go to their site and join their monthly donation scheme through a text message.

· You can join the Great North Run to fundraise for them (this I won't do because every time I run more than 1 mile my lungs end up feeling like sugar coated almonds).

· You can go volunteer, or adopt a little furry one from them.

· You can buy them a little something from their Amazon Wishlist - items start at just 1.21 gbp!


As for me, and apart from the 10% donation, I'm going to make a bunch of cat toys to send to them. I'm really excited about this because I've never made one, and I'm sure the cats won't mind if it ends up looking like an aberration of nature.

If you decide to help them, make sure you share it in the comments below, I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment